Call for Proposals
The University of Maryland Critical Issues Poll (UMCIP) invites faculty (TTK and PTK) and graduate students in GVPT to submit questions for possible inclusion in the next Critical Issues Poll to be fielded in June by Nielsen Scarborough. The poll will sample over 2,000 respondents and will include a large selection of demographic questions. The poll will be fielded by Nielsen Scarborough online using their probability-based panel, originally recruited by mail and telephone using a random sample of adults provided by Survey Sampling International. The survey will be adjusted to reflect U. S. population estimates (Scarborough USA+/Gallup). The questions cover foreign policy and domestic issues and will be reviewed by IRB before fielding. To view past questionnaires for reference, please click here. Any questions about the survey should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will select five (5) proposals to include in the final poll. Priority will be given to collaborative proposals, especially joint faculty/student proposals, those who have not submitted questions on prior polls, and graduate students who are conducting research related to their dissertation or third year paper.
- Project Description (1-2 pages): Should include how your submitted questions will benefit a larger research project or paper that you are working on or plan to complete with the poll results.
- Questionnaire: Should include no more than seven (7) questions with answer options worded appropriately for inclusion in a larger UMCIP survey. The questions could focus on either foreign policy or domestic issues.
Please submit proposals to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, May 25th, 2021.
- All references to poll questions must be cited back to UMCIP
- Any presentations, writings, etc. that incorporate data from the poll must acknowledge the support of UMCIP
- Any publications referencing the poll need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view this information in PDF, please click here.